Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you looking for odd brass

Default If you looking for odd brass

I don't know if there is any interest but if your looking for some .358 Winchester or 7.65 Argentine brass Buffalo Arms had some as of Monday. I ordered some of each on Monday and it arrived yesterday, good service. I would normaly make my own 7.65 brass but just once in my life I wanted to buy some real factory 7.65 Arg. brass for my mauser, the .358 brass is much the same I have made my own .338 Federal from 30-06 but the .358 is easier to reform. With no .338 Federal brass on the horizon I'll just go ahead and make up 50 or so rounds for hunting ammo and be done with it. I'm starting to think Federal is trying to kill the cartridge, for what reason? who knows but they sure aren't trying very hard to get brass out to reloaders.

BudT

I buy my 358 Win brass from Midway. They always have it

Over the years I have ordered many things from Buffalo Arms. I've always had great service.
    john

I have been buying Privi Partizan [ hopefully spelled correctly] 7.65 Arg haven't reloaded for it yet but at $17.00 a box I don't think I could get brass for that also buy 6.5 Carcano too.

PP 7.65 Argentine brass for 26.00 per bag of 50 plus shipping. With shipping it comes out to 12.56 per box of 20. 52 cents per case and 10.8 cents per case to ship=62.8 cents per times 20=12.56 I ordered 100 cases 50 of the Argentine and 50 of the .358 win. If you paying 17.00 per 20 your savings would be 4.44 per box if you ordered 100 cases and the shipping was the same. + or - any sales tax on those 17 dollar cases. They might have carcano but I didn't look because I don't shoot one.

Regards
    BudT

Buffalo is currently out of the Magtech brass shotshells with the exception of 12 gauge. Whenever I place an order to them I tack on a box of 24 gauge since that's what I reform to 577 Snider and 577-450 MH. This past week was no joy in that regard. I surely hope the Brazilians produce another run in the foreseeable future.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Never quite as old as the other old farts

Obama. A lifetime of affirmative action gone wrong.

"...and 577-450..." You want the .pdf how-to I have for making it on a lathe out of 3/4" bar stock? 70 grain capacity.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...and 577-450..." You want the .pdf how-to I have for making it on a lathe out of 3/4" bar stock? 70 grain capacity.
    Thank you for the offer but I'll pass. There was a time not very long ago (practically yesterday!) when that info would have been absolutely invaluable. Today with the lower cost CBC brass and Bertram and Jamison both offering formed drawn cases there isn't a need to resort to turned cases any longer.

Thanks again,

JB

JB,
    Do yout think that offered information could be useful if or when brass was not to be had......at any price. Just another perspective is all.

Regards
    BudT

It would be very useful if brass cases here in the US ever dried up. From what I gather from a few of the British rifle sites, there are still shooters overseas who are using turned cases for the Martini-Henry.
    The drawback to turned cases is the option of using the fired cases in multiple rifles and the smaller case capacity. To save the brass one is pretty much stuck with thumbloading and indexing the case to an individual chamber. Otherwise the case will crack and/or seperate. Drawn cases lend themselves better to stretching, annealing, and being worked in dies. I can also easily fit the standard charge of 85 grains of powder into the case and still have room left over that needs a filler and wads.

As of now I have enough brass to last a good while with a box pre-formed for both the 577-450 MH and the 577 Snider. Those are for the times I might crack a case. I'd like to have about 50 more spares in reserve in the event things ever get lean again. By the time I get close to using up that many I'll be either dead or too feeble to handle them.

+ Reply to Thread