Dean's Gun Restoration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Value on a M1917?

Default Value on a M1917?

Looking to possible add one of these to my collection. Can someone provide a general value to an M1917. Looking for a typical run of the mill model that can put some lead down range with a reasonable amount of accuracy.

Thanks in advance.

450.00 to 1000.00
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

Most of the M1917s surely will be Eddystones and will most likely be rebuilds/rearsenalized with parts of all three manufacturers (R, W, E). I think you could get a good shooter for $600 to $800 if you advertise on the CSP WTB classified. Gunshows have a few for sale at the $800 or more price but with JA replacement barrels. Eddystone receivers have an alleged reputation for potential cracks when rebarrelled. If you find one at a gunshow, be sure of the TE and MW if you intend to shoot it. Also, gunshow M17s are overpriced by a couple of hundred $. So if you see a good one, haggle. If the vendor is firm, go to another. Many list high $ but will come down especially in today's economy.

Go to the website Curio and Relic Buds for an indication of what they say are the current market values of the M17. Eddystones bring the least value, Remington moreso, and Winchester the most $, all things being equal in quality. Another website to reference is oldguns.net to see what they are listing prices at.

Just sold this one for $550...maybe have been a little low. But...then again I'm not really a 1917 guy.

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/d...view=slideshow

An Eddystone in good usable condition, you can expect to pay 400 to 650
    Remington's will usually go in the range of 500 to 700 and Winchesters and usually priced way too much to bother with (600 to over a grand).

There are still a lot out there that can be had really cheap if you hit yard sales, estate sales and the classifieds.

Good luck and let us see what you get when you buy one

Dan
    Once it has been decided to fight, one should do so to the very end, to conquer or perish...... Nothing smells better than the body of a dead enemy.

The meek shall inherit the earth - in little 3x6 plots Robert Heinlein

I have a very nice Eddystone currently for sale on the Gunboards Trader site.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...and-2-Enfields

Quote Originally Posted by jisii View Post
    I have a very nice Eddystone currently for sale on the Gunboards Trader site.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...and-2-Enfields
    Hey I might be interested in your 03. It won't let me look at the pics. Can you send me some, address is cplnorton2@yahoo.com.

Just bought mine for $500 out the door. Leaves some $$ for cosemtic restorations

Only have one M1917 marked to the RCAF

Mr Sukey:
    Thats neat, could you post some pictures? I would like to see that? Does it have a red band?
    "Fortes fortuna adiuvat".

+ Reply to Thread