Dean's Gun Restoration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here use an Ed LaPour safety?

Default Does anyone here use an Ed LaPour safety?

http://www.edlapourgunsmithing.com/

If you have one what do you think about it.

There may be a few. Most of the guys here have USGI 03s.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

never tried one of his, but have installed a few real Winchester model 70 safetys...nice touch on a sporter, but the original GI works well, without any grinding.
    best set up by far is the Canjar set trigger with Remington 700 style safety.
    not much needed to fit the trigger, and its easy to change the rifle back if you choose to do so.
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

i put one of his shrouds on my sons 1903A3, pricey but worth the effort

this rifle has original barrel and was a pawn shop sporter that i bought 25 years ago because it had a lyman 48 long slide on it, and i turned it into a deer rifle for oldest son

taken many many deer and the shroud safety was final deal that i was going to do, he will get it parked sometime in future

Chuck, did I understand you to say that Canjar is no more? Are no more of their 700 triggers around?
    "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." - Jean Boden

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
    -- Robert Frost

OK, it looks very nice but what does one of these safety's cost?

yes and hold on to your chair cost of the shroud safety with new striker and fire pin assy is 350 us dollars pricey yes but workmanship is exc
    i took it to a gunsmith that used to be national guard armorer for nc team and he put it on, i got somewhat uncomfortable with the fitting, it was tight and la pour indicated he made it tight for good fit

i probably would have screwed it up, i dont do this for a living and i pay others to do stuff like this, because once i screw it up it is screwed up

he charged me 200.00 but i felt it was worth it, this is a legacy gun and i hope it gets passed from son to son to son for manyyears after i am gone

might not be the prettiest sporter in the world, but it is one hell of a shooter sub minute at 100 yard
    all original pieces and parts, i did not even put a padded butt plate on it, wanted the boy to feel a 3006 like it should be felt, before the safety i probably had less than 200.00 in the whole rifle bought it at a pawn shop for 125. stock at a show for ten bucks, timeney trigger for ??? glass bed action was a jar of acurglass cost was???

and if you can understand this, i just wanted to do it, the money was not the issue, it is what i wanted
    hope that made sense

next step is to have it parked and make it dark

here is link to la pour
    http://www.edlapourgunsmithing.com/

here is another legacy gun that i made for first grandson to do something noteworthy and i told them all the simply graduating from high school is expected, but that national honor society would put him or her in the running, this is a custom 3006 from a gew 1914 action and a schillen barrel and other goodies and it also has a lapour safety on it
    Last edited by pelago; 05-26-2011 at 10:20.

I have used them and I installed them myself. All you need is a Dremel Tool and patience. They are expensive, but they are excellent and they work very well.

jt

Will the magazine cut off still work with these in place?

sure

+ Reply to Thread