Otis Gun Care
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USMC shooting jacket

Default USMC shooting jacket

Bought one of these over the internet. Don't want/need a full-fledged Creedmoore coat (I'm cheap too). Was a bit disappointed that I could only find USMC and not US Army version. There is no insignia on it or anything, but the garment is called "USMC" because they were the only ones who cared about marksmanship enough to have issued one! Is this correct?
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

The ones I've seen from GP Maes give you the option of plain for non-jarheads or one with the EGA stenciled on the pocket.

AFAIK the Marines still use this coat when shooting the KD range.

The Army hasn't shot KD in over half a century. Even when it did they didn't use shooting coats (although waaay back when you could sew temporary pads onto your service blouse).

As shooting coats go they're better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick and do have a bit of panache when used with an M1 but don't expect too much.

Maury

Liam, even though a Creedmore shooting jacket is not your first choice, I have a heavy one that I'll never use again. If it would fit, you can have it for the shipping. brogan21@cox.net

Default Kind offer

Nate -

Your kind offer has taken me aback! Since I know the value of the Creedmore coats, I have to say thank you for the offer but my shooting needs do not necessitate a fine shooting coat. I shoot in a poo-covered cow field with a friend who I am hoping to draw into the .30 cal US milsurp fray. The most organized shooting event I ever shot was military qualification, and that was with an M16A1 and M16A2. This position shooting I am taking on is merely to make our farm visits more entertaining. Your expenditure on the coat should be partly repaid to you via the "Want To Sell Forum" here on the CSP. I know another, more active shooter, would appreciate and use a fine shooting coat more than I. Especially if it was offered at a "deal" of a price!

The value of your offer remains, whether you give the thing away or sell for full value. Yet another instance of good CSP folks offering to help others and I sincerely thank you! - Liam
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Default poo

Some of the best shooting and hunting I have ever done has been in poo covered fields... being that I am now in Arizona I envy you your poo field.

I use an old tan 10x shooting jacket for my competitions and ironed a EGA on it so it felt more Corps comfy to me.

This is the jacket we using at Camp Elliott in 1950. I assumed it was USMC...

"Give Me A Fast Ship And I Will Sail In Harms Way" John Paul Jones, U.S. NAVY

+ Reply to Thread