Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question of a stock for a 1917.

Default Question of a stock for a 1917.

I have a nice Remington 1917 that years ago was sporterized. Ears on the front and rear sights were cut off and a really nice walnut stock was shortened and a pad added. I have found an Eddystone receiver and I plan to switch over the Remington barrel and other useable parts to it. The only thing left is trying to find a good stock to replace the sporterized one. I have found a P14 stock and I need to know if the 1917 will fit in the P14 stock. Any help would be great. TIA.

Possibly bolt handle and safety?? thought I read that somewhere, dont quote me, Do you have access to the stock and receiver at the same time to check the fit?

What does the sporterized stock look like. Do you intend on selling it? I might be interested in it.

i have a new unissued 17 stock that i will be selling...though not cheap.
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

Chuck, Email sent.

Wasn't there a difference in the magazine size, I thought that the rimmed 303 used a different dimension magazine, therefore the stock would have a wider cut out? Also, if you're going for the origibal look you'll have the inspector and markings issue.
    Also, Boyds sells a new production for around $200.00 for everything.

17 will fit in a 14 stock, 14 wont without trimming fit a 17 stock... Boyds stocks are a real joy to fit, and a waste of 200.00.. buy the right stock...be patiant, anything worth doing is worth doing right.
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

I just listed 2 complete stock sets in the WTS forum, let me know and I would make you a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I have a nice Remington 1917 that years ago was sporterized. Ears on the front and rear sights were cut off and a really nice walnut stock was shortened and a pad added. I have found an Eddystone receiver and I plan to switch over the Remington barrel and other useable parts to it. The only thing left is trying to find a good stock to replace the sporterized one. I have found a P14 stock and I need to know if the 1917 will fit in the P14 stock. Any help would be great. TIA.
    Tuna, did you get the message I sent you about your stock (sporterized one)?

OTD, I have sent you a PM.

+ Reply to Thread