Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winchester Trench Shotgun Handguard/Bayonet Adapter

Default Winchester Trench Shotgun Handguard/Bayonet Adapter

What are the dimensions of the adapter mounting screws? Particularly TPI.

The threads are 10 X 32 by 5/8" long with a filster head . I believe the threads and length are the same as the "YOKE" screw on the model 1897 that attaches the magazine tube to the barrel.

Default No Joy With 10x32tpi

My thread guage indicates the original thread pitch 36 tpi is close (not perfect) match. 10x32 screw will not screw in.

Poyer says 20TPI ? Don't know , but I do know it's an obsolete thread size , and 10/32 is very common.
    Chris

I finally ID'd the screw size and pitch. They are 10x36 tpi. The only source I can find is: East Taylor, LLC, 1101 Anderson Rd., Statesboro, GA. 30458. I paid $10 each ($30+ $3 shipping). They are an exact match. They were "in the white". I tried to find this screw size in McMaster- Carr, Grainger and other sources to no avail. This odd pitch is not even listed in my "Machinery's Handbook" 20th Edition. which is the tome all machinists refer to for industy standards. The only other way to get these screws may be to buy number 10 filister head blanks from Brownell's and single point the thread on the lathe. So "hats off" and thanks to East Taylor, LLC!

hyrax222, email me at hawkfa1945@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread