Otis Gun Care
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EPA vs the Homeowner

Default EPA vs the Homeowner

I find this to be a huge issue. If these people lose, we all lose. The wetlands process takes about two years in in NC and you must create two acres of wetlands for every acre of wetlands you consume at about $125,000 per acre right now. They forever inspect your land also.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...topped-by-epa/

Abuse of power if I ever saw one. Do you realize the small size plot they are talking about? About two thirds of this state is now wetlands, if not more. But they let a lumber company drain Green Swamp, home of the little plant that eats bugs (which promptly disappeared).

jt

When WalMart built their store in my town they bought some land that couldn't be developed because of the cost of filling it in. With their money, WalMart filled it in and built a super center. Right on the edge of the land was a small pond that had been built by some previous landowner that lived up near the street. The pond couldn't have been over 30 feet in diameter, but was declared a "Wetlands" and had to be left as it.

One problem is the homeowners have to fight the government with their own money while the EPA uses some of the homeowners money it collected in taxes. How unfair can it be?

The biggest problem is that the EPA does not have to play by any rules - they can make them up as they go. They can claim "intent", or that a specific rule may not appear to say what they "intended", so they change the rule mid-stream. I have a lifetime of experience dealing with regulatory agencies, and no matter their name or location, they operate on "policy" and not fact. I have been fined for acts that defied no written rule, but they claim they have a "policy" of imposing fines for certain things not written down in any rule. If you operate a business they believe to be an anathama, you are dead in the water. A change in their management can change how you are regulated 180 degrees. They need to be abolished as they contribute nothing positive to our society.

jt

EPA, ATF doesn't matter, they disregard the constitution at will and F-over Americans daily just to have some job security.

The EPA is miffed and says the homeowners have no right to take them to court. Uhm.....it is at the supreme court now so I guess they are FLAT F-ING WRONG!!!

Furthermore,
    Justice Samuel Alito asked Justice Department attorney Malcolm Stewart, "Don't you think most ordinary homeowners would say this kind of thing can't happen in the United States?"
    This country will be nice and clean when the new tenants from China move in
    Last edited by Guamsst; 01-10-2012 at 09:49.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine A5 Sniper View Post
    The biggest problem is that the EPA does not have to play by any rules - they can make them up as they go. They can claim "intent", or that a specific rule may not appear to say what they "intended", so they change the rule mid-stream. I have a lifetime of experience dealing with regulatory agencies, and no matter their name or location, they operate on "policy" and not fact. I have been fined for acts that defied no written rule, but they claim they have a "policy" of imposing fines for certain things not written down in any rule. If you operate a business they believe to be an anathama, you are dead in the water. A change in their management can change how you are regulated 180 degrees. They need to be abolished as they contribute nothing positive to our society.

jt
    Neither does the ATF or several other alphabet agencies. The Department of Indoctrination, er, Education and the NLRB are two more that should be eliminated without a second thought. The FCC has outlived its usefulness hence its desire to move into regulating the Internet.

Remember folks, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

" He has erected a Multitude of new Offices and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance"

T. Jefferson, 2 July, 1776

+ Reply to Thread