Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are these stampings legit?

Default Are these stampings legit?

Absolutely positively FAKE.
    Not even a good fake.
    A horrible fake.
    That appears to be a Remington 11
    The markings are not even in the right places! I hope you didn't get taken too bad on this, it has absolutely no value except as a shooter.

Was told it was a re-arsenaled "parkerized" variant with the ordenance markings applied at rebuild, I've heard and read of such an animal but never seen one so they must be fantasy, paid $320.

You were lied to. It is that simple. In general, an arsenal would put their mark on the wood, NOT the metal. Rem M11 shotguns were surplused out at the end of WWII and there was no arsenal rebuild program for them. The US markings were factory applied on the M11 shotguns.
    BTW, I have never seen a FULL choked military M11. It is certainly possible, but they were generally procured with riot length, 26" Mod or 26" factory Cutts compensator.

thanks for the info. It will make a decent home defence weapon; I needed one now I got one.

Best regards

I think it probably not safe to shot any slugs through a full chocked barrel?

bogus markings, if the barrel is cut down to 20 inches, the choke is long gone, found that #6 birdshot is the best home defence around., blows a steaming hole through bad guys at 50 feet and wont kill the guy living next to you in the other house.
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

we use an old Ithaca mod 37, 20 ga pump, Imp cyl choke, with 7 1/2 shot in a low brass cartridges in ours, at 20 feet or so, (typical home defense range) a shot to the head, the neck, or the upper chest will stop anyone cold.......... and will not penetrate the walls of our old Victorian house.........endangering the kids or grandkids if they are here.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

+ Reply to Thread