Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reclaimed shot for sale for reloading

Default Reclaimed shot for sale for reloading

Here is a good source for reclaimed shot for reloading. It's 7 1/2 & 8's mixed. I have used it for trap & quail hunting. It's clean and works fine.
    Sold by www.leadshotrecovery.com Clubs can get together and buy it by the 3,000 lb barrel for $.80/lb. Also avail. in 50 lbs boxes shipped free to 48 states for $59.99

It's also for sale on e-Bay at

http://cgi.ebaycom/Lead-Shot-Ball-Pe...item1e59327db0

Give it a try.

Springerman

The eBay link does not work.

CDD

Default Reclaimed Shot For Sale

The ebay listing sold out. Reloaders can contact the sellers directly at
    www.leadshotrecovery.com

They also reclaim shot for gun clubs and are looking at quoting on our Trap club in Illinois.

This is good clean shot & I am buying more.

Springerman

How the hell do you reclaim shot ?
    Rake around the bottom of the marsh, or pick it out of the duck's arse ?
    Is this steel or lead ?

Most active skeet & sporting clay clubs with fixed fields where thousands of rounds per day are fired, over years, and sometimes even decades, have impact zones where the accumulated shot lies on top of the ground like tiny gravel. Using heavy equipment you simply scrape the top inch or so of topsoil off these areas, sift and wash it, then send the recovered lead to a foundry to be processed. It's much cheaper to recover lead in this way, then to mine natural sources for new metal. Often, these clubs restrict the ammunition that can be used on the field to #7 1/2 or smaller, lead shot only, so the shot recovered is often pretty consistant.
    Last edited by JDBraddy; 12-20-2009 at 01:41.

I like your reply, not snotty or condesending and to the point. I honestly didn't know there were companies reclaiming shot. I can't comprehend the money value in terms of metal worth after having to pick it up and clean it and then remelt it. There has to be hundreds of tons to be worth the trouble.
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Anthony View Post
    I like your reply, not snotty or condesending and to the point. I honestly didn't know there were companies reclaiming shot. I can't comprehend the money value in terms of metal worth after having to pick it up and clean it and then remelt it. There has to be hundreds of tons to be worth the trouble.
    Matt
    Once upon a time, I could get pretty snotty and condesending, but age and frustration have taught me humility. There really is something to that old "Golden Rule" stuff they tried to teach me in Kindergarden. I'll admit, I still struggle with the "Love your enemies as yourself" stuff, it just seems so much easier to slaughter them and be done with it, but I'm still trying!
    Last edited by JDBraddy; 12-20-2009 at 10:27.

Matt, to estimate the amount of lead downrange, figure on a full trap or skeet squad launching about 8 pounds for each "round" of the game (25 shots X 5 shooters X 1\16 lb.). At an active club, it adds up to many tons fairly quickly.

Depending on market conditions, recovered shot is sometimes sold for reloading rather than being melted down. It reportedly works quite well for skeet and 16-yard trap despite the assorted sizes and some irregular pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Anthony View Post
    Matt
    The EPA says lead is a hazardous material. Lead shot especially breaks down fairly easily and can pollute. The EPA has been working with gun clubs in some states to recover as much of the lead as they can and to test the ph of the soil and lime it if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    How the hell do you reclaim shot ?
    Rake around the bottom of the marsh, or pick it out of the duck's arse ?
    Is this steel or lead ?
    Check out the website noted, it's pretty informative, shows the equipment used and gets into the finance end of things. They apparently can clean up rifle ranges too.

+ Reply to Thread