<< SOLD AND SHIPPED >>
Offering for sale a U.S. Springfield Model 1922 M2 target rifle, chambered for the .22LR cartridge. Serial number is 11834 with barrel date of SA-6-37. It is fitted with an original service style M2 stock, with the correct M2 buttplate with coarse checkering and no trapdoor. The stock is stamped with a Springfield Armory rebuild mark "S.A. over O" in a box on the left side of the butt. Bolt is unserialized and finished in the white, as original. It is fitted with a Lyman 48 receiver sight, and includes an original 5-round magazine, stamped "M2".
Mechanically in excellent condition, with outstanding bore and chamber. Trigger pull is crisp and light, and the sight adjustments, safety, extractor, bolt, etc. all function as they should. The stock is in excellent condition, with nice grain and excellent metal to wood fit. Wood surface is excellent with only a couple of very minor dings, and has a military style linseed oil finish. Metal surfaces are all clean and smooth with no signs of old rust pitting or repairs. Metal finish is about 99% commercial re-blue throughout. Stampings for the serial number and barrel date are slightly shallow due to polishing but still visible. Receiver finish has a slightly silvery-purplish cast due to commercial bluing salts.
Price reduced to $895 including shipping to the Lower 48. First one to post here with an unconditional "I'll Take It" followed by a PM wins the prize. Payment by USPS Money Order only. Must be shipped to a C&R or FFL holder; make sure your dealer will accept transfer from a private citizen. For details, see Terms and Conditions below.
Peconga in Boise, Idaho
I am a private collector who has been using the same alias ("Peconga") for years on this and many different gun collector forums and auction sites (including Gunbroker, Auctionarms, eBay) all with 100% positive feedback. Feel free to check my feedback for yourself.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The first unconditional "I'll Take It" posted here trumps all conditional postings, PMs and email messages.
2. Posting "I'll Take It" must be followed within TWO (2) HOURS by a PM or email with your full name, address and email address to confirm.
3. If you have questions, please send me a PM or email, however this does not put you first in line for the item(s).
4. Payment by U.S. Postal Money Order only; No other forms of payment will be accepted, including PayPal, credit cards, checks, or money orders from any other source.
5. Payment must be received within seven (7) days, or the item will be re-listed for sale and a pox will be visited upon your tribe.
6. Items will be shipped by UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail with insurance and delivery tracking; please specify if you have a preference.
7. Shipping to the Lower 48 states only; Hawaii or Alaska may cost more (please inquire).
8. Unless specified otherwise all items are sold in "As Is" condition. All sales are final, no returns or refunds. No guarantees implied or expressed.
(That's enough fine print for one day...) ;-)