Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with M1 carbine

Default Problems with M1 carbine

My m1 carbine has a inland barrel, standard reeiver and standard flat bolt. The rest I don't know about, I am new to this. I have only fired it a few times. The problem is on two occasions while firing it the bolt has come loose and almost out of the receiver. The only excessive wear I find is on the bottom of the bolt, firing pin side. Do I need to replace the bolt or look for other problems?

Check op rod (slide) rear tab deminsions? I'm guessing it's on the thin side.

The other thing to check is opperater error. You might be pulling out on the bolt handle as you pull back on the op rod.
    When you get back to the take-down area of the receiver, you pull the op rod out of its groove.

Yes more likely you operating slide is worn out. I have the dimensions somewhere what the tab should measure and if I find them I will list them..

Possible misaligned barrel putting torque on the slide and causing it to pop out?

i have a saginaw and am experiencing stove-piping of the ejected cases. changed the extractor spring and magazine but the problem still remains. thoughts?

dmr: what ammo are you using?

Bad extractor is the first thing. Make sure it's not chipped or broken at the lip. Then check the ejector to be sure it moves freely. If they are all OK then check your chamber for fowling. Don't use the steel case ammo as it is very dirty and can cause problems with build up in the chamber and gas system.

Back to OP try to disengage the slide without retracting it all the way to the dismount notch if you can the receiver is very worn and the slide is wornout
    I had a saginaw that was very worn and the slide would come out about half way back.
    Some of the import carbines were well used.

military hard ball and winchester fmj. even tried some of my reloads and they all do the same thing

+ Reply to Thread