Otis Gun Care
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scope mounting blocks for Remington 511

Default scope mounting blocks for Remington 511

I want to add a nikon 3 x 9 bdc scope, http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-ProStaff.../dp/B004JMQ9I2, to a 511 remington so I can repossess my similarly equipped Browning sa22 from my father, where it's serving to eliminate blue jays and chipmunks.

The Rem 511 is not pristine, drilling and tapping won't affect any value. What scope mounting blocks do I need? Drilling down through Brownells site yields a long list. http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...Remington__512
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

a 42 and a 43. The 42 might be a barrel mount base. You would have to D&T the barrel for that one. You can get two 43's but there isn't
    much room to set eye relief distance

Some of the late Remington 511's came with the receiver slotted so that rings could attach directly to the receiver. I trust the rifle in question is not slotted but if it is that would be the easiest way to mount a scope.

This, BTW, is not a do-it-yourself project. Have a gunsmith with the proper mill or fixture do it.
    There is oneother way to do this. That is to use Loctite Black Max and glue them on. Guys over on rimfirecentrial.com
    have done this with long lasting attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by n64atlas View Post
    This, BTW, is not a do-it-yourself project. Have a gunsmith with the proper mill or fixture do it.
    There is oneother way to do this. That is to use Loctite Black Max and glue them on. Guys over on rimfirecentrial.com
    have done this with long lasting attachment.
    Thank you so much for that! I have some industrial adhesive that's used to glue panels on aircraft, that should "get 'er dun!"

http://www.lord.com/products-and-sol.../product.xml/6

LORDŽ 406 acrylic adhesive in combination with LORD Accelerator 19 or 19GB can be used to replace welding, brazing, riveting and other mechanical fastening methods. This adhesive system performs particularly well in low-temperature environments and applications that are subject to high impact or high peel loads.
    LORD 406 acrylic adhesive, when mixed with LORD Accelerator 19 or 19GB, creates an adhesive system that bonds a wide variety of prepared or unprepared metals and engineered plastics. The adhesive system is specifically formulated to provide the highest impact and peel strengths available in a room temperature curing adhesive.
    LORD 406 acrylic adhesive can be mixed with either LORD Accelerator 19 or LORD Accelerator 19GB. LORD Accelerator 19 improves the high temperature resistance of LORD 406 acrylic adhesive, and is available in off-white or black. LORD Accelerator 19GB allows precise control of the adhesive bondline thickness due to its content of glass beads. LORD Accelerator 19GB is available in off-white, red or gray.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

just make sure you get them square

I plan to mount the scope in the rings and rings on the mount then glue it on to keep everything in line.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)

YOu need two blocks the same # to mount on the receiver rings. The two mounts with different numbers are for one on the rear receiver ring and the other on the barrel--just can't remember the correct number.

+ Reply to Thread