Dean's Gun Restoration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New York State SAFE-ACT List Of Banned Guns

Default New York State SAFE-ACT List Of Banned Guns

Here is the list of banned guns for New Yorkers .The New York State Rifle And Pistol Association
    is working on this to change it.But are president just signed 23 executive orders along the same line as this ban.This is sad im sick.

http://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/NYS_SAFE_Act/

So M1As so far are not on the bad list, but AR-10s, as an AR-15 variant, presumably are. So I guess there really is a difference between them, or at least so says the State of NY!

Looks like that includes .22 rimfire AR look alikes.

Reminds me of Kalifornia when I didn't regester my AR, screw em.

looks to me like m-1's, m-1a's,bm-59's and m-1 carbines ain't on the list.

zat right?
    Last edited by goo; 01-17-2013 at 04:15.
    "Hiroshima Tower. This is the Enola Gay. I'd like to make a second pass. Over."

If gun manufacturers were smart, and they aren't, they'd refuse to sell any weapons to any New York state PD from now on.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    looks to me like m-1's, m-1a's,bm-59's and m-1 carbines ain't on the list.

zat right?
    Correct on M1 garands, and M1 carbines, as they are Curios and Relics, the BM-59 would also be exempt if it is a Curio and Relic made prior to 1963. Stay tuned for the M1A. They do state the list is not all-enclusive yet, and the M1A is one of those rifles that in some forms it is an assualt rifle, and some forms it is not.

what about mini 14's?
    "Hiroshima Tower. This is the Enola Gay. I'd like to make a second pass. Over."

Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    what about mini 14's?
    As long as it does not have any ONE of these "evil" features.........a pistol grip, folding stock, flash hider, grenade launcher, threaded barrel, or bayonet lug, it is not classified as an assualt rifle.

A plain jane Mini-14 ranch rifle, at least all the ones I have ever seen do not have any of those, so they should be OK. High capacity magazines are now prohibited for these. You can use any 10 round magazine made prior to the laws passing as long as you do not load more than 7 rounds in it, any new magazines made or purchased for this rifle must be 7 rounds or less. ANY magazine holding more than 10 rounds, reguardless of when it was made is prohibited. You have 1 year to sell it out of state. My understandng is the only magazines over 10 round capacity allowed at all any more are Curio and Relic magazines made before 1963, and since the Mini-14 was not around pre-1963, I highly doubt any magazines for it are eligable.

ww2farmer,
    the 10 round magazines had to be possessed by you before 1-15-13 for them to be grandfathered and they have to be registered with nysp. you also cannot legally load more than 7 rounds in any magazine other than a .22 rimfire tubular magazine.
    hitler, stalin and mao were progressives in their time

Why don't they make things simple by saying which guns New Yorkers CAN have ?
    The list would take just a few seconds to read.

+ Reply to Thread