Dean's Gun Restoration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 35 states so far....it's growing

Default 35 states so far....it's growing

we see a lot about this on the internet but NOTHING on the news channels (even FOX)

> > Time to get everyone on board and get a Constitutional amendment submitted and passed
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Subject: 35 STATES SO FAR....IT'S GROWING
    > >
    > > One to forward!
    > >
    > > Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.
    > >
    > > This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.
    > > This is an idea that we should address.
    > >
    > > For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that passed ... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever . The self-serving must stop.
    > >
    > > If each person that receives this will forward it on to 15 people, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.
    > >
    > > Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ..."
    > >

> >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    > >
    > > - Henry Ford
    > >
    "Hiroshima Tower. This is the Enola Gay. I'd like to make a second pass. Over."

The only problem I see is after a Constitutional Convention is opened every Amendment is open to be changed. With all the looney liberals we could loose the First and the Second. It's a chance we may not want to take.

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    The only problem I see is after a Constitutional Convention is opened every Amendment is open to be changed. With all the looney liberals we could loose the First and the Second. It's a chance we may not want to take.
    Totally agree ... a Constitutional Convention was discussed a few years ago. Would you really want these clowns who think they are above us, messing with our Constitution?? I am, by the way, in favor of the proposed amendment (and I would include term limits, for good measure!).
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

The left would love to have a Constitutional Convention convened,they could complete their takeover of America.In the end instead of "We the People" it would be "We the Government".Bad bad idea.

The wording of that proposed 28th amendment is too narrow. It must include any and all government and private entities, including the military and the police and celebrities.
    I find it appalling and unsettling that anti-gun proposals end up exempting the military and police and apparently our "betters" and their bodyguards.

I, too, fear a Constitutional Convention for the reasons given by others.

28th amendment: Elected federal officials are hereby limited to ONE term.

End of problem.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Members of Congress could/should be drafted from the populace - One term [maybe two].
    Must be citizens or long term legal residents and should be subjected
    to common sense vetting for suitability.
    It's obvious that long term career politicians are a threat to freedom.

if done......... any federal legislator or president is allowed only 1 term & no elected official, nor any member of his/her family could ever be a lobbyist or be hired by any governmental agency.............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    AGREED!
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/531748_433726156709621_535544258_n.jpg

Default Think before you post

The reason you have not heard about this, even on Fox News, is because it is untrue. See:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medic...hamendment.asp

Factual information makes a much better motivator for people who don't believe any right wing screed they encounter. Spamming untruths seems to be the favorite pastime of America's fascist core. Think before you post. Gracias, amigo. As we say south of the border.

+ Reply to Thread