Otis Gun Care
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman, What Happens Now?

Default Zimmerman, What Happens Now?

Part of this is a certainty, part of it's an educated guess.

Certainty: Zimmerman's wife, Shellie is absolutely going to be prosecuted for perjury. There is little doubt she lied about the money in Zimmerman's legal defense fund while under oath in a bond hearing. She is under indictment now and has a very good chance of being convicted. The Zimmerman's are not always the sharpest knives in the drawer and Angela Corey is a vindictive b!tch and not one to let bygones be bygones. She's going to get them for something if it hairlips the Pope.

Certainty: Mark O'Mara has already said that he intends to sue the State of Florida and probably Angela Corey personally for prosecutorial misconduct. There is no doubt that the prosecution acted unethically and possibly criminally, they definitely suppressed evidence and may have supborned perjury though that last one would be real hard to prove. They went after Zimmerman knowing full well they had no case at all, I don't know what they call that in Florida but in the Federal system it's appropriately called "Malicious Prosecution" and there are civil remedies for that. Don West, one of Zimmerman's lawyers, after the trial called the prosecution of Zimmerman a disgrace and refused to even shake the prosecutor's hand when it was over. Expect the state of Florida to fork over a big settlement to avoid a trial on that one.

Probibility: Zimmerman's team will sue some news outlets, most probably at least NBC for deliberately doctoring their coverage to make Martin look like a choirboy and Zimmerman a racist baby killer. This is especially true of NBCs editing of the 911 tapes. If they do file a suit like that it's long, long overdue.

Certainty: The Martin family has already won a settlement from the community they and Zimmerman live in and they'll try to sue Zimmerman personally for wrongful death. They can file but Zimmerman has been acquitted and so has no civil liability under Florida law so expect that to be dismissed out of hand.

Certainty: There will be a move to repeal "stand your ground" laws even though they didn't apply in this case. This was a straight up self defense case in which "stand your ground" didn't apply. The laws are popular where they are in place and I don't expect much to happen on that.

Probability: There will not be significant violence. There were a few small fires set in Oakland but other than that things have been quiet. There has been no violence in Sanford or in the rest of Florida. There could be a delayed reaction like the Moody Park riots in Houston which took place a year after the Joe Campos-Torres incident but I don't think that's the way to bet.

Probability: The Justice Department will crawfish on its promise not to go after Zimmerman for civil rights violations even though race obviously played no part in his actions. They've already used your tax dollars to help fund rallies in support of prosecuting Zimmerman in the run up to the trial. I don't expect Zimmerman to be convicted, convictions in cases like this are actually not all that common but he will be vastly inconvenienced.
    Last edited by Art; 07-14-2013 at 08:16.

Zimm could lose a bunch of weight, grow a beard, and fit right in with the Illegals.
    --------------------------------
    Certified Internet Warrior Status: Achieved.

USDOJ is irreparably compromised and DQ'd by the "command influence" exercised by the POTUS when he told the country that, if he had a son, his son would look like Trayvon. Feds would be asking for real trouble to mess with the finality of this case.

The Feds dont give a chit. They probably started looking into going after Zim the day the POS illegal alien Barry called Travon a look alike for his son. I got to admit they do look a lot alike.
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-Ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    The Feds dont give a chit. They probably started looking into going after Zim the day the POS illegal alien Barry called Travon a look alike for his son. I got to admit they do look a lot alike.

A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    You're right, they don't, and it'll be pure harassment. These civil rights prosecutions are almost always filed against LEOs and police departments for things done "under color of law," very seldom against individuals though it does happen. To win they'll have to convince a jury in central Florida where Zimmerman has already been acquitted, that a man who mentored troubled children, many of whom were black, started a fund to help a homeless black man who Zimmerman felt was abused by the authorities, and who took a black girl to his senior prom is a racist. It isn't about that though, it's about getting their pound of flesh however they can.
    Last edited by Art; 07-14-2013 at 10:10. Reason: Punctuation

If I were him, I would make arrangements to leave the country. Secretly.

Quote Originally Posted by JBinIll View Post

Indeed he'd look like the young village idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcboy View Post
    If I were him, I would make arrangements to leave the country. Secretly.
    I thought the same thing - - kinda sad to think about the fact we truly now have people fleeing this country in search of political asylum....

Steve

I tuned in to CNN today to see what spin they put on the acquittal. Happened to see George Zimmerman's brother Robert being interviewed by Kate ? and Chris ?. Robert is sharp. He was well spoken, answered their questions directly and didn't allow them to put words in his mouth. I doubt that CNN will run unedited replays of that as Robert made the professionals look like "Ned in the first reader".
    Last edited by Herschel; 07-14-2013 at 08:00.

+ Reply to Thread