Dean's Gun Restoration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun..........

Question A Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun..........

I picked up a Red Ryder at an antique place in Louisville today that was made in Plymouth, Michigan. It's a little rough but it still works and it was only $50. Anybody know anything about old Red Ryders?
    Bob - Southern Indiana Chapter OFC

Wink

I know this, " You will shoot your eye out!"

Christmas Story

Nice find my friend, I have seen them for up-wards of $100.00 (original item.)
    tford (VSM-OFC)
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccleiastes 10:2

So how old is it? It says something like No.111 Model 40.

Quote Originally Posted by tford (OFC) View Post
    I know this, " You will shoot your eye out!"

Christmas Story

Nice find my friend, I have seen them for up-wards of $100.00 (original item.)
    I was going to say that but you beat me to the punch! I sure wish I still had mine! Maybe you should re post to guntalk to get more answers.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Default Got this one...

I got this one about 4 months ago at Gunbroker for $25.

Don't know how old it is but it was in very good condition, applied BLO to the wood, gun oil to the metal that is in great conditon. Just had to put the saddle ring back on.

Shoots so accurate it scares me.

Wink Here's your answer Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob - The Beagle Master View Post
    So how old is it? It says something like No.111 Model 40.

Red Ryder BB Gun History Page

This Chronology of the Daisy Red Ryder was created to help identify the approximate year your Red Ryder was produced.

Any Questions please check out the Site below and if you don't see the answer click on the Question mark towards the top and I will research it for you and post it.

BBairguns Questions and Answers

Year
    Short Description

Daisy Started working on the Red Ryder

A formal licensing agreement was signed on Oct. 6, 1939

The first Daisy 111 Model 40 Red Ryder Western Carbine was assembled in 1940

1940- early 1942
    All Made with Copper plated Forearm Bands

1942-1945
    Production was halted during the war years

Production Resumed, Blued-steel barrel and forearm bands. Barrel band was spot welded instead of being peened. Still retained distinguishing prewar cast-iron cocking lever. Fixed rear sight

Cocking lever changed to black-painted aluminum

Plastic forearm replaced wood

1953-1954
    Adjustable rear sight returns. Plastic stock replaced wood. Late models painted steel instead of blued

1955-1961
    Model 94 Gun, Gun was totally restyled

Model 1938, Almost identical to the 1953 111-40

Red Ryder Lariat Signature Logo is now on right side of stock, Years before logo was on left

Model 1938A, Modified safety mechanism. Very rare due a recall of the new safety and the ones sent back in for repair were stamped A-B

Shot tube eliminated. Loading tube replaced by a loading door system

The 50th Anniversary Edition

Still being made today and several collector limited editions made over the past years.

:: bksales :: bbairguns Links :: Auction :: Links :: Message Board ::
    tford (VSM-OFC)
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccleiastes 10:2

By that criteria mine was made between 47 and 52 because it has a wooden forearm and an aluminum cocking handle painted black. The one UUURah has pictured would then be post 1980 because the Red Ryder imprint is on the right side of the stock and it also has the little loading side gate instead of the end turning to open the loading tube. It also has a much more narrow front band than mine.

Default American Rifleman sept 09

Great story on Daisy and the Red Ryder in this months American Rifleman. I did'nt know the company was that old.
    I collect expensive hobbies.

Default where did you get your saddle ring

I have a model 40-111 red ryder i'm restoring for my dad. I would dearly love to find a saddle ring to make it complete. I need the whole assembly ( like the bolt ofrpiece that goes threw the gun to hold the saddle ring on) So i need the saddle ring and the assembly or whatever this part is called. So does anyone have any ideas where i can go or look? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UUURah View Post
    I got this one about 4 months ago at Gunbroker for $25.

Don't know how old it is but it was in very good condition, applied BLO to the wood, gun oil to the metal that is in great conditon. Just had to put the saddle ring back on.

Shoots so accurate it scares me.

Scientific research on the farm taught us that pouring a bit of gasoline down the barrel makes 'em shoot harder.
    Works for pump actions too.
    You'll definately shoot yer eye out, kid.

+ Reply to Thread