Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anschutz Trigger Question

Default Anschutz Trigger Question

If anyone is familiar with the various models of the triggers for the older model Anschutz rifle, I would like them to let me know what model this two stage trigger is for, or if it will fit all of the 1400 series. I just found it while going through my old target gear, and the only Anschutz rifles I owned in the old days was a 1413 and a 1407. Not sure which this trigger was taken from, or it might fit either one. I plan to sell it soon, and would really like to know what it is and what it fits. No marks anywhere that I can find.

[IMG][/IMG]

It is close to this one except it is missing the screw on the trigger.
    Removal of the screw may have been a way to make it two stage.

Looks like the trigger on my late 1950's Super Match 54 free rifle. My rifle has a rather low serial number, 18 thousand something. Trigger is OK but heavy. The 3 pound rule would have been in effect then.

they do have spring kits to get these to around a pound. My 1411 had the trigger pictured in the booklet. I swapped it for a 2oz trigger. The other guy needed a heavier trigger for teaching Boy Scouts to shoot.

My thanks to all who have answered. Not sure of the weight of pull, but pretty light probably a few ounces. The more I think, the more I feel it came from a 1413 Free rifle that was swapped out for a set trigger assembly. Back in the 1960s and 70s I was really into 3 position International style smallbore and had several rifles in that search for the "ultimate rifle". Finally realized that the problem was more between my ears than in the rifle, but had fun doing it.

If anyone is interested, I will be posting this on the for sale section as soon as I can figure out what it might be worth.

PM sent 02/07/2010

The following thread might help you on your way

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=311255

John

Default trigger

Sorry to be so late on this thread.
    The pictured trigger is a single stage, not a two stage, 3# trigger. The side screw (#79) that is missing is the sear adjustment screw and necessary for proper operation. This may be why you feel its a two stage.
    The trigger stop screw (#109) is also missing. If I'm not mistaken, and without checking, I believe the earlier triggers did not have that screw.
    This trigger has not been modified as shown so the pull cannot be down in oz's.
    As to your question it should fit all 54 actioned target rifles up until 1980. That includes 1407, 1408, 1409, 1410 1411 and 1413/1614.

binew
    Last edited by Binew; 03-10-2010 at 06:42.

Default Trigger screws??

Binew, thanks for your informative reply. I looked in the package and found these screws and a spring. Are they for this trigger, is one of them the missing side screw?
    Attached Images

I am sure Binew will set you right but the middle 'pointy' screw looks like the one. You will need a lock washer on the right hand screw.

John

+ Reply to Thread