Dean's Gun Restoration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Remington is back in the 1911 business

You can pre-order one now from this site:
    http://www.1911pistols.com/category/...1_Handgun.aspx
    Johny P:
    Thanks for the comments, all true. While RemUMC was also mfg'ing firearms, what I meant to conclude was that many associate RemUMC with making 'just' ammo and RemRand with making typewriters and "Remington" proper with making the guns. An oversimplification that obscures the true history.

From Wikipedia:

"In 1865, Remington incorporated into a stock company, and in 1873 began a new venture, producing Remington brand typewriters. Remington sold the typewriter business in 1886. The typewriter company eventually became Remington Rand, and the firearms business became Remington Arms Company.

"In 1888, Remington was purchased by Marcus Hartley and Partners, a major sporting goods chain who also owned the Union Metallic Cartridge Company in Bridgeport, Connecticut. The Bridgeport site became the home of Remington's ammunition plant. In 1912, Remington and Union Metallic Cartridge were combined into a single entity, called Remington UMC. Even today, Remington produces U.M.C. brand ammunition."

Thumbs up Link works now

Remington news finally announced it. The link works now. I just may have to add this to the collection, I like it!

http://www.1911r1.com/

Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Question E-rpc?????

I downloaded the manual and noted this paragraph:

Congratulations on your choice of an E-RPC (TM) Pistol.
    E-RPC, LLC has entered into agreements with Remington Arms Company, Inc.
    to manufacture, test, and service your 1911 R1 pistol. With proper care, it should
    give you many years of dependable use and enjoyment. For best results, we rec-
    ommend that you use Remington Ammunition. The ammunition used in factory
    testing your firearm against our rigorous function and performance standards.
    The “Remington” trademarks and trade names are used under license from RA
    Brands, LLC.

Further down in the manual:

...E-RPC firearm, write to us at E-RPC,
    Consumer Service, P.O. Box 1911, Madison, NC 27025-0700, or call us at 1-877-801-

Who is E-RPC?
    Last edited by PhillipM; 05-04-2010 at 10:28. Reason: added address
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Sure is purdy, price isnt too bad either with the retail around six and a half.
    I may have to add that to the list as well.
    Once it has been decided to fight, one should do so to the very end, to conquer or perish...... Nothing smells better than the body of a dead enemy.

The meek shall inherit the earth - in little 3x6 plots Robert Heinlein

With a cursory search I found the following information:

On Wednesday, January 13, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for ERPC. This trademark is owned by RA Brands, L.L.C., 870 Remington Drive, Madison, NC 27025.
    RA Brands, L.L.C.
    870 Remington Drive
    Madison, NC 27025

And Remington says the pistol is MADE IN THE USA
    Last edited by Dan Wilson; 05-04-2010 at 11:33.
    Once it has been decided to fight, one should do so to the very end, to conquer or perish...... Nothing smells better than the body of a dead enemy.

The meek shall inherit the earth - in little 3x6 plots Robert Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread