Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: M1 garand identification

Default M1 garand identification

Hello.I have M1 Garand with serial#7006639.Whenever I was looking the serial numbers look up stops at 6mil.Is any body there can help me to identify what I have.Thank you.

Pretty sure that is a Springfield Armory, Inc. rifle. The serial numbers started at 7000000. The early ones had mostly GI parts except for the receiver.

Yep, Springfield Armory, Inc.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Default m1 gagand

thank you for reply, any idea what year its build and (i think what its not polite to ask) but whats the approximate value on this rifle if we concidered its in very good condition

Springfield Inc. Rifles are new built rifles and are only a few years old. No idea as to value as I have not kept up with the current sale price.

That receiver would have been around '84-'85. SAI can tell you whether it was originally shipped stripped or part of a complete rifle.

sounds like your springfield inc. garand is later production. the early rifles had pennsylvania made cast receivers and the later receivers are cast lithgow made. lithgow marked their receivers below the wood stock area, on the lower right side. most all the usgi garand parts that was use to build the rifles were reparked used garand parts. used price, anywhere from 500 to 900 dollars depending on the condition. call springfield inc. on the year. fatso rocky

Default m1 garand

thanx for reply, you been very halpfull, thnx again

The last gun show I went to (3mos ago) had 2 stripped receivers in the 7,000,000
    for $125.00 each

+ Reply to Thread