Turner Slings
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: M1A serial numbers-manufacture dates

Default M1A serial numbers-manufacture dates

Does anyone know a source for manufacture dates foe a SA M1A receiver? I have serial no. 1065xx and, while I know it was built into a rifle about 1998, I was told the previous owner had it lying around for a while so I'm curious as to when the receiver was made.

Also, what should I ask for it if I decide to sell it? I have about $1100.00 in it (1999). It was built up with all GI parts and the barrel was new when I got it and I doubt if it has more than 200-300 round through it in the last dozen years. I have two stocks for it, both GI. It's wearing a birch stock in the PIC and I also have a nice unmarked walnut stock.

Thanks in advance.

You can contact/phone SA Inc, & they'll tell you the born on date of your receiver. I suspect that guessing the value will be by where you live, more than anything else, and whether it could be sold LEGALLY to residents of certain states/locales.

It sounds like you need to name a price & list it on the WTB/WTS board where your ad could be/should have been posted in the 1st place. Just my $0.02 worth.Good luck on selling your rifle kid.

da gimp

Thanks for the respose gimp. I'm not sure I want to sell it thus I didn't list on WTS. I'm in south-central PA and I don't believe there are any restrictions on sale in PA.

Nice looking rifle. California is one state that I don't think you could ship it to, they don't seem to like them

Best Regards
    Lisa
    A girl and her gun, it's a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LMDawson View Post
    Nice looking rifle. California is one state that I don't think you could ship it to, they don't seem to like them

Best Regards
    Lisa
    Springfield M1A's are perfectly legal in California (at least for the time being). All that is necessary is to swap out the evil flash hider for a California compliant muzzle brake.

Last edited by Oyaji; 05-15-2010 at 06:18.

Now I'm not that good on prices these days, but I bought one exactly like that. All Winchester USGI except for the springfield receiver. I bought it right before everyone went crazy with the obama scare. I paid $1100 for mine, and I think I got a good deal. I would guess in my area roughly 1300 and maybe more if you find the right bidder. You should have sold it during the obama scare, they were selling in my area for over 2K! By the way mine is like 92XXX and I think when I called they said it was made in 1994 if I remember right.

Oyaji, I stand corrected Think I should have put, California isn't fond of them because of the evil flash hider.

Best Regards
    Lisa
    A girl and her gun, it's a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LMDawson View Post
    Oyaji, I stand corrected Think I should have put, California isn't fond of them because of the evil flash hider.

Best Regards
    Lisa
    No worries! Glad to have you aboard.

Here are 3 links that will help determine the date your receiver was made. As noted above, SA, Inc. will tell you exactly, which is where most of these dates came from:

http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=6748

http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=24302

http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=50173

The second link would have yours. Looks like around 9/97 or 10/97.

Cass
    Last edited by Cass; 05-17-2010 at 04:57.

+ Reply to Thread